Steps to Overcoming Procrastination

Yes, let’s face it. We’ve all sinned. And the sin here is the sin of procrastination. We all procrastinate day in, day out. In addition to this, we know that procrastination is not good but we let it pass without doing anything about it. We conclude by saying something like “tomorrow is another day”. And the truth is, tomorrow never comes. So we end up either pushing what we need to do away or we end up doing nothing about it.

I’m not a master over procrastination but there are thing I do that help me a lot. Each and every day, I complete large percentage of what I need to do. In a little while, you will get to know what I do that helps me a lot. I am not making this available so you can only get informed. I’m doing this so that you can overcome procrastination. This is because procrastination will waste away your life if you do nothing about it.


So, here we go.

1. Have a Daily Plan of Action

This is very important. If you really want to get over procrastination, you need to wake up everyday of your life and set a plan of action for the day. The truth is, we don’t know what any day will bring but it’s better to plan ahead than not to plan at all. The 20% of the time you spend in planning will help you achieve 80% of your plan for the day. And that 80% is a success already.

2. Take Responsibility for your Life.

Having a plan of action is not enough. The action in the plan of action must occur. This simply means you need to take responsibility and work on achieving what you have planned for yourself daily. With no action on your plans, procrastination becomes the other of the day.

3. Stop Wishing. Start Living

Great souls have wills, feeble souls have wishes. Do you have a great soul or feeble soul? You don’t need to answer that. This is because, your wills or wishes will determine that. So, go from here and start having wills and keep fulfilling them. Stop wishing because it will take you no-where. From now one, go ahead and achieve 80% of your plans daily. You can carry over the remaining 20% to the next day. And the 20% must be your first to achieve the next day.

My desire is to see you go over procrastination.

Be good, Be great and Be brilliant!


Show More

8 thoughts on “Steps to Overcoming Procrastination”

  1. I am very happy to have someone like you as a friend, you inspire me a lot, may God almighty keep strengthening you to do more.

  2. Really,i must say a big thank you for your advice.Your so inspireing and i must say this advice is just for me.I pray that God would help me to put all these into practice.thank you very much and may God almithy bless you and your family.Amen.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *