You must have heard that search engine optimization (SEO) is good for your website. Also, I'm certain that you might have read through several lists of what to do about that. Of a truth, there are several things you need to do continuously for search engine optimization. However, the five things you will find today are what you should do.
Search engine optimization is constantly evolving at a high pace. Because the industry is so dynamic, it is important to stay on top of the latest industry changes going on. Here are five trends you should keep an eye on in order to stay above the curve.
"When it comes to SEO, change is the only constant"
- 1. Link Building: It is no secret that link building is the most important skill in SEO. In fact, is a culmination of several different skills. Google warned publishers not to rely on guest blogs too much to avoid spamming. The best way to do link building is to create quality and long-termed links. READ ALSO: Link Building on Steroids: The Definitive Guide for SEO
- 2. Optimization for Mobile: People hate wasting time on a page that takes too long time to load. Same way, search engines hate that too. A page that takes more than 3-5 seconds to load is taking too long to load. If any page on your website takes too long, you will get a lot of bounce rate. You can reduce this by using Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP). This helps to increase page loading speed and lower data usage. In essence, focus on mobile-first. READ ALSO: The Definitive Guide to Accelerated Mobile Pages
- 3. Voice Search: More focus is going towards voice search to bring traffic to your site. This will change the type of long-tail keywords and SEO approach because of the increased use of assistant devices. This is an opportunity for you to make the best of voice search for your SEO. Take time to learn what needs to be done and so what's best for you.
- 4. Get on "Position 0": Getting on "Position 0" is better than getting on the first result on the first page of Google search. "Position 0" is the new holy grail in organic search rankings. You get to this position when Google starts displaying the link to your site's page as a quick answer to a search query. If your page contains the answer someone is looking for, a summary of the content will be enabled in the form of a snippet in the searches to save visitor's time.
- 5. Quality Content: Your content should be original and addictive consistently. You will need to publish quality content regularly. A good content is one that is less stuffed with keywords but with long-tail keywords. Invest your time and resources in high quality and original content.
In conclusion, for effective search engine optimization, you will need to focus on creating a community around your website, increase page load time of all your pages and focus on optimizing your site for your users via mobile devices, voice devices, and quick questions. Most importantly, if you do all of these but your content sucks, it will be a waste. The more people engage with your content the more it tells search engines to increase the ranking of your pages.
Content inspired by Nine Hertz