Pinterest was launched in March 2010 and this social media network has has grown more than 4,000 percent in the last 6 months according to Experian Hitwise. It seems though that it is just starting to hit its straps as the latest figures, Pinterest traffic has increased from 10 million users a month to 17 million (in January 2012). It is now the 60th most visited site in the USA!.
So What is Pinterest?
Obviously a lot of people know what it is and have been playing in the Pinterest “playpen” and have been pinning on its pinboards. Essentially it is a visual online pinboard or scrapbook that can organise your favourite hobbies or topics visually in categories of your choice. Pinterest allows people to pin or upload images from websites and blogs (whether that is their own website or one they are visiting) that they find inspiring or beautiful. It can be done with a couple of clicks with a “Pin it” button on the menu bar of your favourite browser. That image then links back to your website or the one you pinned it from.
At the time of writing this post, Pinterest is still invitation only, but be patient after you apply it will only take a few days before you are let in!
14 Tips and Tricks for Marketing Your Business on Pinterest
Here is an awesome collection of tips and tricks you need for marketing your business on pinterest. These tips and tricks that provide an in depth look at ways to use Pinterest for your business. They include case studies and examples with graphics and images to explain the concepts.
1. The Marketers Guide to Pinterest
2. The Ultimate Guide to Mastering Pinterest for your Business
3. Pinterest Beginners Guide
4. Pinterest: The Ultimate Guide
5. Pinterest Tips — A Tutorial Guide for Beginners
6. Wedding and Planning Advice – A Guide to using Pinterest
7. 13 Tips and Tricks for Cutting Edge Users
8. How Bloggers can Use Pinterest
9. Pinterest Link Building SEO Strategies
10. 12 Ways to Use Pinterest for your NonProfit
11. 5 Ways Brands can Leverage Pinterest Now
12. Pinterest a Top Traffic Driver for Retail
13. Share and Discover Images for Fun and Marketing
14. How to use Pinterest to drive Traffic and Sales to your website.
Make sure you go through all the useful resources above so you can make the best out of Pinterest. You can start making the best use of Pinterest today.