Website flipping is the art of buying, improving and selling websites. Website flipping is essentially the process of creating a website, add value to it and then sells the site at a higher price. Website flipping has emerged as one of the most lucrative businesses on the Internet today. There is no doubt that website flipping if done professionally can result in unimaginable profits, that too with very little or no investment. There are primarily two ways of entering into the exciting business of website flipping:
1. Creating one’s own websites: creating one’s own website can save one from any investments as one can create a great website with quality content, purchase an impressive domain name, monetize the flip website to a required level and then find a suitable buyer for it on one of the popular auction sites.
2. Purchase an existing website and renovate it: It is an easier and faster way of entering the business; however it does require some investment. Some important steps involved in making money through website flipping are as follows:
1. Acquiring a good domain name: A domain name which is short and sweet, and at the same time reflects the gist of the content of the website can take any business a long way. Hence, acquiring a good domain name plays a very important part increasing the value of your flip website
2. Create or find a template/theme: The next important step is to create or find a suitable template which goes well with the determined niche. One also needs to have basic HTML skills to ensure that all the other pages are linked to the home page. Adding free Photoshop templates to the flip websites will give the website a very professional look, increasing the value of the websites considerably.
3. Monetize your flip website: Monetizing a flip website will ensure that your flip website attracts high paying buyers. Potential buyers seriously look for monetized sites as it saves them considerable time and energy. They just have to start the promotion of the website through affiliate links. While monetizing your site, it is highly recommended that you consider products only from Clickbank and Adsense. Unlike other sites, these two sites are very liberal, and hence the buyer will not face any problems in the future.
4. Sell your flip website: Before selling your flip website, ensure that you covered all the necessary steps like increasing the traffic and the sales. One should also try to improve the ranking of the website on search engines; as such websites are sold for a higher price. Once you are sure that everything is perfect, you can sell the flip website on sites like Flippa, Ebay, Digital Point or Sitepoint.