I can’t overstate that affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to make money online as a website owner or blogger. However, some people still don’t get how affiliate marketing works. Here’s why I am putting up this affiliate marketing guide. In it, I will try to summarise what needs to be known and done about affiliate marketing. Please note, this affiliate marketing guide is a guide you need to spend time on and make the best out of.
How Affiliate Marketing Works
Affiliate Marketing Guide: Mindset
The basic mindset about affiliate marketing is that you promote other people’s products/services on your website/blog, and then receive a commission when someone buys the product via your affiliate link. Did you get that? You get paid a commission when someone else, and not you, buys the product/service via your affiliate link.
Affiliate Marketing Guide: Skill-set
There are so many ways to do affiliate marketing in the right way. I will just list the basic skill-sets you need to have. However, you need to be creative and promote products in a way that differentiates you from others and still gets you more commissions.
The basic skill-sets are;
– Write reviews (on your website/blog) about the product/service you are promoting
– Publish case studies of how the product/service has helped you (or someone else)
– Do product/service comparisons and publish a post about it on your blog/website
– Share the reviews, case studies and product comparisons with your email list, social networks and other online platforms
Affiliate Marketing Guide: Toolset
There are several resources and tools you need to use for affiliate marketing. I have written about them in the following posts. Make sure you read and act on them.
– Successful Strategies for Promoting Products as an Affiliate
– How to Use Direct Links in Affiliate Marketing
– Steps to Make Your First Affiliate Commission
– How to Succeed with Affiliate Marketing
– Why You Should Only Promote Products You Believe in
– How to Know a Profitable Affiliate Program
– How to Choose Profitable Affiliate Programs
– How to Promote Recurring Affiliate Programs
– The 5 Secrets to Success in Affiliate Marketing
…see more on the affiliate marketing topics archive
If you are going to get involved in affiliate marketing by following this affiliate marketing guide, you’ll get the best return on sharing good products that solve a particular need you audience have. Share the reviews, case studies, product comparisons and make good use of organic search traffic. It usually converts best. Ranking for keywords that can drive affiliate revenue isn’t always easy but if you get your reviews, case studies and product comparison to your audience effectively, you will get more affiliate revenues.
It is important to know that the drive your audience need to make purchases via your affiliate link is dependent on how detailed your content (reviews, case studies, product comparisons etc). You shouldn’t expect to get something good from a content that doesn’t drive your audience to action.
The bottom line to this affiliate marketing guide is to always ask yourself, “would I write about this product if I wasn’t an affiliate?” If your answer is no, then you probably shouldn’t promote the product as an affiliate.
If you have found this guide very useful for you, consider sharing it with those you know need to learn and earn from this. You can also share this post around and let people know what you are learning and will be practising.